Joshua’s Law Classroom/6 Hour Behind The Wheel Package/Exam Package
This package includes 6 hours of driving lessons, 30 hours of driver’s education in a classroom setting, the DDS Road Test Package, and a Defensive Driver course. The driving lessons portion will also include free transportation. Training primarily focuses on the basic skills needed to safely navigate residential, highway and interstate roadways. Students will also practice different maneuver methods such as parallel, three-point turns, and straight line backing.
Training is tailored to the individual needs and skill of the student driver. The average student requires 6-10 hours of training to garner the skills to safely operate a vehicle and pass a DDS road skills test.
Joshua’s Law (Classroom) 6 Hour Driving Lessons and FREE Exam Package
The Wiser Driver 6-Hour-Online Joshua’s Law- Package includes 3 two hour lessons and 30 hours of classroom driver’s education classes. This also includes free transportation for driving lessons only. a Defensive Driver Course and a FREE DDS Road Test Package. At the completion of training, students will receive two DDS certificates. One certificate will be presented for the successful completion of the 30-hour classroom course while the other certificate will be given after completion of 6 hours of driving lessons.
The FREE DDS Road Test Package Includes:
Appointment Set Up
Free Use of School Vehicle for Road Test
Transportation to the Dallas DDS Office
Responsible Adult Representation
DDS administers the road test for students that select this package. The Wiser Driver has a 93% pass rate for its road test exams.
Driver training primarily focuses on the basic skills needed to safely navigate residential, highway and interstate roadways. Students will also practice different maneuver methods such as parallel, three-point turns, and straight line backing. Additional time maybe used for night interstate or realistic training opportunities.
Actual driver training is tailored to the individual needs and skill of the student driver. The average student requires 6-10 hours of training to garner the skills to safely operate a vehicle and pass a DDS road skills test.
The following tasks are must be successfully demonstrated in order to obtain a driver’s license:
- Parallel Parking: Park midway between two standards so that your car is not more than 18 inches from the curb.
- Backing: Back your car for a distance of about 50 feet, at a slow rate of speed, and as straight and as smoothly as possible. Turn your head and look back at all times while backing.
- Stopping for Signs or Traffic Signals: Give the proper hand or brake signal; approach in the proper lane; stop before reaching a pedestrian crosswalk; and remain stopped until you can move safely through.
- Turnabout: Turn your car in a narrow space using two-, three- or five-point turns.
- Approaching Corners: You must be in the proper lane and look in both directions.
- Yielding Right-of-Way: Always yield the right-of-way to pedestrians, motor vehicles, bicyclists or anyone else who moves into the intersection before you.
- Turning: Get into the proper lane and give signal an adequate distance before reaching the turn.
- Passing: Always look ahead and behind to make sure you can safely pass without interfering with other traffic.
- Following: Do not drive too closely behind other cars. Watch the car ahead of you; when it passes some reference point, such as a telephone pole, and then count “one-thousand-one, one-thousand-two.” If you pass the same spot before you are through counting, you are following too closely.
- Posture: Keep both hands on the steering wheel. Do not rest your elbow on the window and do not attempt to carry on a conversation with the Examiner because they will be busy giving instructions and recording your score.